Released in the last week of February amid a huge promotional blitzkrieg and decent expectations, PVP Cinema’s suspense thriller Kshanam ended up as a huge blockbuster. The film was made with a very small budget of Rs. 1.08 crores and another 1 crore was pumped in for its promotions.
Several production houses from southern film industries and Bollywood have been vying for its remake rights. As per our sources, Kshanam ‘s Bollywood remake rights have been sold to leading producer Sajid Nadiadwala for a whopping Rs. 1.30 crores, recovering more than the film’s production budget from the Hindi remake rights alone.
Meanwhile, Kshanam is enjoying its grand nationwide theatrical run in several multiplexes in the North, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Ram Charan-Boyapati’s film to commence soon
- No six-pack from Nara Rohit in Balakrishnudu
- Suvarnasundari’s Hindi satellite rights fetch a decent price
- Nag-RGV film launched with a terrific dialogue
- Khakee performs well in its opening weekend