Released in the last week of February amid a huge promotional blitzkrieg and decent expectations, PVP Cinema’s suspense thriller Kshanam ended up as a huge blockbuster. The film was made with a very small budget of Rs. 1.08 crores and another 1 crore was pumped in for its promotions.
Several production houses from southern film industries and Bollywood have been vying for its remake rights. As per our sources, Kshanam ‘s Bollywood remake rights have been sold to leading producer Sajid Nadiadwala for a whopping Rs. 1.30 crores, recovering more than the film’s production budget from the Hindi remake rights alone.
Meanwhile, Kshanam is enjoying its grand nationwide theatrical run in several multiplexes in the North, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Films or politics, always be with Babai: Charan tells fans
- Take away my National Award if you aren’t happy: Akshay Kumar
- Reputed channel bags Jai Lava Kusa’s satellite rights?
- Indians are lucky: Kamal on Dadasaheb for K Viswanath
- Give dignified roles to your heroines: Jyo’s request to filmmakers
Articles that might interest you