Lakshmi Rai is making quite a lot of buzz on social media these days, thanks to her new avatar. The actress has reportedly lost nearly 15 kilos in the past couple of months and her fans shell shocked with her transformation. Apparently, she had been trying to lose weight for the past couple of years; however, it’s only now that she got good results because of intense workout and diet.
In a recent interview, she revealed how she gave up on carbohydrates and opted for a protein diet to improve her metabolism. Along with this, she had been working for more than an hour everyday. She is currently shooting for a Tamil film, Irumbu Kuthirai, in which she’s playing the role of a biker, with a lot of attitude. “The director of the film wanted me to lose weight; however, when I showed up on the sets after losing a lot of weight, he didn’t recognise me,” the actress said.
In Telugu, she was last seen in a special song in Ravi Teja’s Balupu and if all goes well, she’ll have two releases in Tamil this year.
- Anushka talks about pay disparity in film industry
- Nagarjuna-Nani’s multi-starrer gets a launch date
- Entire film industry is happy with Jai Simha’s success: Balakrishna
- Rakul’s Brother Signs A Bilingual Film
- Actress Recalls Her Traumatic Winter Experience