Good news for all movie lovers and loyal fans of legendary director K Viswanath. The veteran director who revolutionized Telugu Cinema in the 70s and 80s has been conferred Dadasaheb Phalke award, the country’s highest achievement in cinema, by the Indian government.
Kasinathuni Viswanath, fondly called as Kalatapaswi, started off his career as a sound designer and later joined yesteryear director Adurthi Subbarao as an assistant director. He turned director with ANR’s Aatma Gowravam in 1965 and went on to direct several all-time classics such as Sankarabharanam, Sagara Sangamam, Swathi Muthyam and Saptapadi to name a few.
K Viswanath was honored with the Padma Shri award in the year 1992. 123telugu.com heartily congratulates the genius filmmaker on this special honor.
- Nela Ticket’s fun teaser is out
- Mahesh-Namrata’s amusing picture goes viral
- Mahesh scores his 2nd $2M film with Bharat Ane Nenu
- “I’m Feeling Blessed” : Mahesh Babu Thanks All For BAN’s Success
- Pawan once again urges fans to maintain restraint