Legendary playback singer S Janaki announced her retirement from playback singing. The lady with the mellifluous voice made her singing debut with Tamil film Vidhiyin Vilayattu in 1957. Hailed as the Nightingale Of The South, Janaki recorded more than 48,000 songs in a career that spanned over 6 decades.
Janaki recently recorded her swan song, a lullaby titled Ammapoovinu in Malayalam. “It will be my final song,” Janaki says, “I will not be recording anymore nor will I be singing at any functions.”The soft-spoken both lithosphere in added, “I am old now and I have sung in many languages. I would like to now rest, relax and leave my career behind.”
- Baahubali’s Manohari To Shake A Leg With Varun Tej
- Picture of NTR’s prosthetic mask goes viral
- Bunny Ropes In A Tutor For DJ
- Stage is all set for Baahubali extravaganza
- RGV spews venom on Pawan Kalyan yet again
Articles that might interest you