Legendary actor Kamal Haasan has done the unthinkable. The stalwart actor has formed a committee of 25 lawyers per each district in Tamil Nadu who will move the local courts to release Kamal’s fans who were arrested by the TN police at the behest of state government during the intense Jallikattu movement and the CM election farce.
Over the past couple of months, Kamal has been quite vocal about the unjust political oppression against the voices that were ridiculing the election of Sasikala as the state’s Chief Minister.
Inspired by Kamal, his fans openly carried out protests and some even displayed satirical cartoons, which irked some ruling party leaders and this led to fans’ arrests. Meanwhile, many fans and peers have been requesting Kamal to step into active politics and bail out the state from political mediocrity, while the actor observes a wait and watch policy.
- Dangal surpasses Baahubali 2, India’s highest grosser now
- I’m a Rajamouli fan, would never copy his films
- Baahubali’s mammoth success helping other Tollywood biggies
- Much-awaited biggie wraps up European schedule
- Re-recording in full swing for Sunil’s next
Articles that might interest you