In a much appreciated move, legendary Malayalam star Mammootty is setting a positive trend in the Indian film industry. Mammootty’s upcoming Tamil movie, Peranbu, will see the actor paired opposite a transsexual heroine.
Anjali Amir, a young starlet who underwent a sex reassignment surgery and transformed himself into a woman, couldn’t believe her luck when she came to know that it was Mammootty himself who recommended her name for the movie.
Anjali Amir is one of the very few transsexual women in the country to play leading lady’s role in a feature film. Anjali is also in talks for a Telugu movie. Peranbu is being directed by award winning Tamil director Ram.
- “I’m Feeling Blessed” : Mahesh Babu Thanks All For BAN’s Success
- Pawan once again urges fans to maintain restraint
- Mahesh sets a record among South Indian heroes in US
- Vijay-Murugadoss’ film to resume its shoot after Kollywood strike
- Second schedule of Sharwanand’s next to begin soon