In a much appreciated move, legendary Malayalam star Mammootty is setting a positive trend in the Indian film industry. Mammootty’s upcoming Tamil movie, Peranbu, will see the actor paired opposite a transsexual heroine.
Anjali Amir, a young starlet who underwent a sex reassignment surgery and transformed himself into a woman, couldn’t believe her luck when she came to know that it was Mammootty himself who recommended her name for the movie.
Anjali Amir is one of the very few transsexual women in the country to play leading lady’s role in a feature film. Anjali is also in talks for a Telugu movie. Peranbu is being directed by award winning Tamil director Ram.
- Next Nuvve’s trailer promises decent comedy
- Interview : NTR- I would love to do Rajamouli’s Mahabharata
- Talented heroine completely okay with skin show
- Bank robbery a key aspect in JLK
- Poll : What did you think of Mahanubhavudu’s trailer?
Articles that might interest you