In a much appreciated move, legendary Malayalam star Mammootty is setting a positive trend in the Indian film industry. Mammootty’s upcoming Tamil movie, Peranbu, will see the actor paired opposite a transsexual heroine.
Anjali Amir, a young starlet who underwent a sex reassignment surgery and transformed himself into a woman, couldn’t believe her luck when she came to know that it was Mammootty himself who recommended her name for the movie.
Anjali Amir is one of the very few transsexual women in the country to play leading lady’s role in a feature film. Anjali is also in talks for a Telugu movie. Peranbu is being directed by award winning Tamil director Ram.
- Ami Tumi director confident about his next
- For IMAX, Baahubali could be the next Avatar
- RGV enters the world of Original Series with GUNS and THIGHS
- Rarandoi opens well all over
- Child artiste in Bollywood’s cult hit turns heroine in Tollywood
Articles that might interest you