Even after six months of its release, Superstar Rajinikanth is still being haunted by the Lingaa disaster. Until a couple of months ago, the distributors who lost heavily on Lingaa carried out numerous protests for compensation. After several rounds of negotiations and Tamil Film Producer’s Council’s intervention, Rajinikanth agreed to
pay 12.5 crores as compensation.
With Rajini’s gesture, everyone thought that the matter was resolved forever. However, the distributors cried foul in the negotiations and alleged that the promised compensation amount is yet to be given to them and that the bigwigs in the film industry cheated them terribly.The distributors further said that they will go on a huge protest in front of Rajini’s house starting from 13th June, if the makers fail to compensate them within the deadline.
- Ami Tumi director confident about his next
- RGV enters the world of Original Series with GUNS and THIGHS
- Rarandoi opens well all over
- Child artiste in Bollywood’s cult hit turns heroine in Tollywood
- Special Column : Family movies in Telugu Cinema
Articles that might interest you