Superstar Rajinikanth’s Lingaa released last weekend amidst huge expectations in a record number of theaters. Made with a whopping budget, the producer counted on the huge openings during the first week to recover most of its cost, which it did manage to generate.
However below par content plagued the movie’s prospects and the collections nosedived after the first 3 days. Now with Aamir Khan’s PK also having a wide release tomorrow , the number of screens for Lingaa are expected to go down drastically, further hurting the collections.
In Hyderabad alone, the movie is restricted to a mere 40+ shows per day in multiplexes from tomorrow although the count was about 150+ shows during the first week.
Lingaa will face the heat from PK
- Poll : Whom do you support in the Sridevi-Rajamouli controversy?
- Bollywood actor in Nani’s MCA
- Will Rajamouli respond to Sridevi’s statements?
- GPSK’s Tamil version’s audio to be out soon
- Dangal creates history, First Indian movie to collect Rs 2,000 Cr
Articles that might interest you