A few days ago, Dr. Mohan Babu wrote to the organisers of the 100 Years of Indian Cinema celebrations, asking them to postpone the event due to the political turmoil in the state. The Movie Artists Association (MAA) has convened an emergency meeting today and a unanimous resolution was passed, supporting Mohan Babu in this regard. As a result of this, Telugu film artistes and MAA members will not be performing at the event.
The event will be take place in Chennai from September 21st to 24th and a number of senior actors will be felicitated at the event.
Telugu actors will now only attend the event and stay away from any kind of on stage performances. The decision has also been endorsed by the Telugu Film Producers Council.
- Poll : Will Baahubali 2 collect 100 crores all over on day one?
- Star daughter expecting her first child
- Baahubali’s IMAX version with restrictions
- Rana to play an Islamic war-lord in a Russian film
- Andhhagadu’s teaser to be out today
Articles that might interest you