The movie artistes association in a bid to encourage local talent is considering a rule that will limit the number of non- state actors in a movie to a maximum of two. If this were to come into force many a producer / director will face a casting dilemma. In a typical telugu film a villain and most definitely a heroine in are non-locals. If MAA rule comes into play, then making a movie like Brindavanam or kick will be a huge problem. In these movie both the heroines were non- Telugus as were the villains or character actors. In some cases even a solo heroine movie could run into a problem as in many films more than one villain is a non-local. This only highlights the endemic problem in the industry, which is there is a dearth of heroines and villains. So while MAA’s initiative is welcome it’s implementation will definitely cause problems. It remains to be seen how producers overcome this challenge.
- Hello’s censor completed, set for Dec 22 release
- SLB’s Padmavati to release next month?
- After US, Akhil is all set to perform in Hyderabad
- Dil Raju to produce a cute love story
- Raai Lakshmi to play a powerful cop in her next