Mahesh Babu’s brand value is slowly but surely on the rise in Tamil Nadu. Most of his films get superb openings in Chennai even when they released directly in Telugu. Last year, he was supposed to act in a Mani Ratnam’s film; however it was shelved due to various reasons. Moreover, with major MNCs approaching him to endorse their products, his reach has gone beyond the borders of Andhra Pradesh. Both his recent films Dookudu and Businessman are going to release in Tamil and the latest buzz is that Businessman’s Tamil version is going to release in almost 200 theatres across Tamil Nadu. Considering the fact that there are less than 1000 theatres in Tamil Nadu, this is a huge number for a dubbed film. With reports floating around that Krish is planning to do a bilingual film Shivam with Mahesh Babu in lead role, it’s a good sign that distributors and exhibitors are showing good interest in Mahesh Babu’s films. We’ll have to wait and watch how the Tamil audience embrace Mahesh Babu.
- Mahesh scores his 2nd $2M film with Bharat Ane Nenu
- “I’m Feeling Blessed” : Mahesh Babu Thanks All For BAN’s Success
- Pawan once again urges fans to maintain restraint
- Mahesh sets a record among South Indian heroes in US
- Vijay-Murugadoss’ film to resume its shoot after Kollywood strike