Recently, Malayalam heroine Parvathy Menon faced severe criticism from the fans of Malayalam Megastar Mammootty. Fans couldn’t digest Parvathy’s comments on the growing misogyny in Malayalam movies and targeted her for criticizing a derogatory scene featuring Mammootty from his 2016 film, Kasaba.
As soon as the online trolling crossed the line and turned into abuse, Parvathy filed a complaint and the cops arrested a 23-year-old Mammootty fan a couple of days ago. The stalwart actor has finally opened up about the controversy and said that he didn’t ask anyone to defend him.
“I don’t go after any controversy. What we need are meaningful debates. I have not assigned anyone to respond on my behalf or defend me. I never appreciate my fans abusing anyone,” Mammootty said. He further said that he told Parvathy to not worry too much when she texted him about the issue.
- Mahesh to get his statue at Madame Tussauds’ Wax Museum
- Boyapati Srinu shoots crucial interval sequence on Charan
- Sumanth’s interesting role in his silver jubilee film
- Prabhas to take a small break from Saaho’s shoot
- Vijay Devarakonda leaves everyone in shock