Legendary auteur Mani Ratnam has had quite a tough time finalising the cast for his next film after OK Bangaram. Last year, the veteran filmmaker planned a revenge drama featuring Karthi, Dulquer Salmaan, Nitya Menen and Keerthy Suresh. However, unavailability of the actors’ dates delayed the film, which eventually led to Mani shelving the film.
Now, Mani will be commencing a romantic drama starring Karthi and Sai Pallavi from June. In his latest interview, Rana Daggubati revealed that he and Naga Chaitanya have been approached by Mani Ratnam. Rana also said that the talks are in the initial stages. It will indeed be a surprising casting coup, if the project materializes eventually.
- Legendary producer B Nagi Reddy honored with a postage stamp
- Na Nuvve gets a release date?
- Big surprise: Rajinikanth’s next with acclaimed filmmaker
- Film industry’s strike over digital service providers takes an ugly turn
- Vijay Deverakonda’s next locks its release date