Director Maruthi has an enviable track record. His films have a terrific ROI (Return on Investment) and he is held in high regard by distributors and producers. But he also has a problem and that is the ‘boothu image’. So far, most of Maruthi’s films have had a lot of adult dialogues and vulgar themes and this has contributed to the ‘boothu image’.
Maruthi is now keen on an image makeover and he is desperate to prove himself as a director who can score hits without the help of adult content. ‘Kottha Janta’ is the first movie that will have these changes. Maruthi is going to direct Victory Venkatesh in ‘Radha’ and this film will have an even bigger change in style from Maruthi.
Will Maruthi score a hit with this new style? Let us wait and watch.
- I’m speechless: Krishnam Raju on Baahubali 2
- Festival atmosphere at Baahubali single screens
- RGV lands in trouble yet again
- Entire nation hails Prabhas, Rajamouli
- Press Note : Spicy Salaa – From the Kitchens of Godavari
Articles that might interest you