Vijay’s Mersal has taken a phenomenal opening at the box-office. Directed by Atlee, the film had released in Tamil amidst high drama following a delay in issuing of a NOC certificate by Animal Welfare board, apart from the ticket price hike.
As per the reports in Kollywood, the film collected more than Rs 31 crores on it’s opening day, and it is the highest Tamil grossing film of the year. In Chennai alone, the film is said to have collected more than Rs 1.5 crores on day one and in the process, Mersal broke the record set by Kabali and later Vivegam.
Meanwhile, in the US, the film went on to set a non-Rajini film record among Tamil films and analysts are hoping that it will gross more than $1 million in long run.
- Vishal Wants To Revamp Tamil Film Industry
- Samantha Wraps Up Shooting For Mahanati
- Acting Has Really Disciplined Me : Kiara Advani
- Superstar Mahesh Babu’s Sweet Gesture Bowls Over Fans
- Sye Raa’s leaked pic goes viral