Newton may have been out of the Best Foreign Language Film category at the 90th Academy Awards, but India still has its Oscar hopes sailing. Two songs from Malayalam stalwart actor Mohanlal’s 2016 blockbuster action thriller, Pulimurugan (Manyam Puli in Telugu), have been shortlisted in the top 70 songs that are eligible for the final Oscar nomination in the Best Original Song category.
Pulimurugan’s original score and songs are composed by well-known composer Gopi Sundar, who is also vying for the final nomination in the Best Original Score category at the Oscars. Gopi Sundar is popular in Tollywood for his super hit songs in movies like Bhale Bhale Magadivoi, Oopiri and Ninnu Kori etc.
Kaadanayum Kaalchilambe and Maanathe Maarikurumbe are the two songs that have been chosen in the preliminary nominations by the jury. The final 5 nominations will be announced on January 23. The 90th Academy Awards ceremony will be held on March 4, 2018 at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood and Highland Center.
- Interesting title in consideration for Nag-RGV’s film
- Will the Bharath Ane Nenu-Naa Peru Surya clash be averted?
- Pawan’s ‘Chalo Re’ Telangana tour details
- Young heroine feels blessed to have worked with Balakrishna
- Would have felt bad if some other actress did Bhaagamathie: Anushka