Telugu director N. Shankar has been appointed to the Indian Oscar screening committee. This committee of 17 members watches films from across the country and picks the film which will be sent as India’s official entry to the Oscars in the ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ category.
N. Shankar has worked as a Nandi awards committee member twice. He was also a part of the National Cinema Award jury as well as the Goa Film Festival Jury in the past.
The Oscar Screening Committee will watch some films from the 17th to 21st of this month. Telugu movies ‘Mithunam’, ‘Aadhi Shankara’ and ‘Chaduvukovali’ are in the race this time.
- Fidaa Rakes In $715K At US Box-office
- Will Nani-Nivetha team up for a hat-trick?
- Will RGV get away with an apology?
- Court to hear petition against Kaala soon
- Super Star’s daughter wishes to direct Megastar
Articles that might interest you