Released amid heavy competition during the Sankranthi season, Akkineni Nagarjuna’s rural family entertainer Soggade Chinni Nayana turned out to be a huge box-office hit. Today, the film completes its grand 100 day run in 4 screens in Machilipatnam, Guntur, Vijayawada and Adoni.
Nagarjuna’s dual roles as the flamboyant Bangarraju and the nerdy Ramu enticed his fans and coupled with a gripping emotional drama, the film saw its makers and distributors earn profits double their investments.
Debutant director Kalyan Krishna ably handled an ensemble cast featuring Ramya Krishna, Lavanya Tripathi, Anasuya, Hamsanansini, Diksha and Anushka. Bangarraju’s legacy will continue as a standalone film titled Bangarraju, which will be made in the same combination later this year.
- Star director to unveil Uyyalawada’s motion poster
- Vijay’s Mersal becomes the first Tamil film to get a Twitter emoji
- Something bigger and better is coming: Akhil
- Rahman to perform live at much-awaited audio launch
- Poll : What did you think of Paisa Vasool’s trailer?
Articles that might interest you