Ever since internet streaming rights turning into a lucrative option for filmmakers, there have been three major players who are ruling the Indian market – Netflix, Amazon, and Hotstar. All three internet streaming giants had been investing heavily to buy Indian content and the race is heating up even more in 2017.
In recent times, every company was in a battle to bag the internet streaming rights of Baahubali 2, which went on to become the biggest blockbuster ever in Indian cinema history. Now, Netflix has won the race to bag the film’s streaming rights. Although it’s not clear what the terms of the deal were, it’s a win-win situation for Arka Mediaworks and Netflix since the streaming giant has more than 100 million users in scores of countries.
Netflix uploaded Baahubali : The Conclusion in Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam, last night into its list of programmes, and it remains to be seen what happens to the Telugu version once it is aired on Star Maa soon.
- Dil Raju to produce a cute love story
- Raai Lakshmi to play a powerful cop in her next
- CBFC Chairman has a strong advise for artistes
- High Court orders probe into star hero’s controversial comments
- Chiranjeevi’s gesture to help ailing senior artistes wins hearts