Call it a coincidence, but even as the film hits the screens today amid glowing reviews, Newton, the acclaimed Hindi black comedy starring Rajkummar Rao, has been chosen as India’s official entry at the 90th Academy Awards to be held in 2018.
The 14-member jury headed by veteran Telugu filmmaker CV Reddy, has watched 26 promising movies over a period of two weeks and unanimously voted Newton as India’s Oscar hope. Newton is directed by Amit V Masrukar and produced by Manish Mundra of Drishyam Films. The film was a major success at several international film festivals.
- RGV responds to Chandrababu’s comments on Lakshmi’s NTR
- Mahesh’s Diwali gifts to close friends
- Nithya Menen Is Finally Learning To Sing
- Mahanubhavudu becomes Sharwanand’s highest overseas grosser
- Twitter suspends controversial trade analyst’s account