Call it a coincidence, but even as the film hits the screens today amid glowing reviews, Newton, the acclaimed Hindi black comedy starring Rajkummar Rao, has been chosen as India’s official entry at the 90th Academy Awards to be held in 2018.
The 14-member jury headed by veteran Telugu filmmaker CV Reddy, has watched 26 promising movies over a period of two weeks and unanimously voted Newton as India’s Oscar hope. Newton is directed by Amit V Masrukar and produced by Manish Mundra of Drishyam Films. The film was a major success at several international film festivals.
- Telugu beauty’s weight loss regimen yields positive results
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 10-12-2017
- NPS’ Goa schedule nears completion
- Jai Simha’s shoot to conclude soon
- Low key releases this week