Nithya Menen’s upcoming bilingual film might be remade in Hindi, if all goes well. After a long gap, the actress had signed a film to be directed by yesteryear actress Sri Priya. The film’s Tamil title has been named has Malini 22 Palayamkottai and the Telugu version is yet to be named. It’s the official remake of a critically acclaimed Malayalam film 22 Female Kottatayam starring Rima Kallingal and Fahad. The remake has Nithya Menen reprising Rima Kallingal’s role whereas a Tamil actor Krish will reprise Fahad’s role. The film’s principal cast was introduced to the media in Chennai recently and Sri Priya revealed that she’s planning to make the film in Hindi as well. If it indeed happens, then it’ll be the debut film for Nithya Menen in Hindi. The film’s principal shooting will begin soon and it’s going to be one of the most intense films to be made in a long time, which revolves around the life of a rape victim.
- Reputed channel bags Jai Lava Kusa’s satellite rights?
- Indians are lucky: Kamal on Dadasaheb for K Viswanath
- Give dignified roles to your heroines: Jyo’s request to filmmakers
- Revolutionary poet turns lyricist for a Telugu film
- Actors, filmmakers support state bandh on 25th
Articles that might interest you