The Tamil Film Producer’s Council TFPC has decided to not release any new Tamil films on October 6 as a mark of protest against the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to impose an additional entertainment tax of 10% on Tamil films and 20% on non-Tamil films. This double taxation above the existing GST has left the Tamil filmmakers and trade circles fuming.
The Chennai Corporation has started issuing circulars to all the multiplexes and single screens regarding the additional local tax. Several Bollywood and Hollywood studios and the Multiplex Association of India have extended their support to the TFPC’s protest.
- Bharat Ane Nenu’s teaser is now world’s 2nd most liked
- Mehrene to romance young hero?
- Vijay Devarakonda’s first glimpse as Taxiwala is fun
- Kirrak Party in second week, success meet tomorrow
- Prabhas truly arrives on the global scene with wax statue in London