In yet another tragic news for all the music lovers, noted Telugu playback singer Vissamraju Ramakrishna breathed his last at his Jubilee Hills residence last night. Ramakrishna, 68, was reportedly suffering from cancer from a long time. Born on 29th August 1947 in Vizianagaram, Ramakrishna started his career in All India Radio with the popular Yuvavani program. He then stepped into the playback singing world with the support of his aunt and legendary singer P Suseela.
After debuting in Telugu films with Vichitra Bandham in 1972, Ramakrishna went on to sings several iconic hit numbers in films like Alluri Seetharamaraju, Mutyala Muggu, Dana Veera Sura Karna, Bhakta Kannappa, Thatha Manavadu etc. Ramakrishna’s son, Sai Kiran, is a popular actor in film and TV. The veteran singer’s last rites will be performed today at the Punjagutta Smasana Vatika at 5 pm.
- Star hero as chief guest in Spyder’s Tamil launch?
- Poll : Which of these films will be a bigger hit?
- Bollywood actress secretly ties the Knot
- Bharath Ane Nenu’s Lucknow schedule ends abruptly
- Star director to unveil Uyyalawada’s motion poster
Articles that might interest you