Pelli Choopulu has done it finally. This small and charming silver screen wonder has breached the coveted $1 million milestone in the US yesterday and scripted a new chapter in the history of Telugu cinema by ending up as the all-time biggest hit in overseas in terms of ROI.
With the film grossing close to $10K every day and no film posing a threat to it until Janatha Garage’s release on September 2, Pelli Choopulu is all set to take on several Tollywood biggies and cross their lifetime collections in overseas.
Meanwhile in the two Telugu states, this Tharun Bhascker directorial has collected a share of more than 10 crores and has become a role model of sorts for low budget filmmakers.
- Intriguing first look of Nithiin’s LIE raises curiosity
- Katamarayudu enters 50 crore club
- NTR, Samantha win top honors at IIFA Utsavam
- I lost Rs.60 crores: Legendary actor blames murky politics
- Yevade Subramanyam girl set for a comeback
Articles that might interest you