Nandamuri Balakrishna’s landmark 100th movie, Gautamiputra Satakarni, is all set for a grand release tomorrow. The movie was recently given entertainment tax exemption by governments of both the Telugu states.
But, a lawyer moved the High Court in Hyderabad filing a PIL against the AP government giving tax exemption to Gautamiputra Satakarni. The petitioner argued that the AP CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu gave tax exemption to GPSK only because Balakrishna is his brother-in-law.
However, the High Court has directed the petitioner to approach the Regular Bench in view of Sankranthi holidays for the court. The court, however, added that the producers can be slapped with penalty if they violate the regulations prescribed by the AP government while granting tax exemption.
- Mahesh’s heroine says she’ll remain single till her marriage
- Veteran director ready with a never seen before story on Telugu screen
- Mahesh announces Spyder’s teaser release date
- Young heroine has no regrets missing out on Pawan’s film
- Films maybe out of young beauty’s life, not kickboxing
Articles that might interest you