Nandamuri Balakrishna’s landmark 100th movie, Gautamiputra Satakarni, is all set for a grand release tomorrow. The movie was recently given entertainment tax exemption by governments of both the Telugu states.
But, a lawyer moved the High Court in Hyderabad filing a PIL against the AP government giving tax exemption to Gautamiputra Satakarni. The petitioner argued that the AP CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu gave tax exemption to GPSK only because Balakrishna is his brother-in-law.
However, the High Court has directed the petitioner to approach the Regular Bench in view of Sankranthi holidays for the court. The court, however, added that the producers can be slapped with penalty if they violate the regulations prescribed by the AP government while granting tax exemption.
- Irony around Boney Kapoor after Sridevi’s death
- Record overseas release for Nani’s Krishnarjuna Yuddham
- Senior producer Ashwini Dutt dedicates Mahanati to Sridevi
- Update on Sridevi’s funeral
- Poll : Which is your favourite Sridevi film ?