Multifaceted artiste Prakash Raj’s latest directorial, Mana Oori Ramayanam, released on Friday. Despite getting moderate reviews, the film couldn’t manage to set the cash registers ringing, and even the competition from Premam and Abhinetri added to the woes.
This morning, Prakash Raj took to his Twitter profile and made an earnest appeal to the audiences via a video message. The actor-filmmaker said, “many people had advised me to not make Mana Oori Ramayanam as audiences today are used to watching films with commercial elements and item songs”.
The intense actor went on to say that he had told them that people will surely watch genuine films like Mana Oori Ramayanam. However, noticing the film’s disappointing collections, Prakash Raj requested the audiences to watch his film and make his belief win as it will encourage more filmmakers who want to make honest films.
— Prakash Raj (@prakashraaj) October 9, 2016
- Vote – 7th Readers Choice Awards : Best Director of 2017
- Regina surprises with her funky look
- Suriya’s next sold for record price
- Last half an hour to be highlight of Hello
- Nikhil-Swathi’s hit crime comedy to release in Malayalam