The dramatic fall in the value of the Indian Rupee is worrying many people. Telugu Film Producers are in that list. The steep fall in the rupee will dramatically increase the cost of production for the producers, when overseas schedules are involved.
Big budget Telugu films usually have a couple of songs that are set in exotic locations in Europe, Bangkok, Australia etc. With the rupee at an all time low, these exotic foreign shoots could be curtailed to a certain extent.
However, there are some producers and directors who are not too concerned about this development. “Even with this sharp fall in the rupee, it is still cheaper to shoot certain songs and action sequences in places like Bangkok”, said a production executive who works for a leading producer.
- Hello’s censor completed, set for Dec 22 release
- SLB’s Padmavati to release next month?
- After US, Akhil is all set to perform in Hyderabad
- Dil Raju to produce a cute love story
- Raai Lakshmi to play a powerful cop in her next