On Friday, the Film Federation of India selected the low budget indie Hindi film, Newton, as India’s official entry to the Oscars. Newton had beaten the giants like Baahubali 2 and Dangal to be chosen for the honor.
However, Baahubali’s director Rajamouli says he is not at all disappointed at losing out on the Oscar entry this year. “When I make a film, I never think about awards. It is not my aim. The aim is to first satisfy myself with the story and then next is to see that it reaches the maximum number of audience and makes money for everyone who has put their life in it,” Rajamouli told a leading media agency at the Sony MAX Baahubali 2 pre-telecast event yesterday.
Rajamouli further added, “If awards come, then I am happy. If they don’t, I don’t mind that because they are not at all my criteria”. Rajamouli also said he is yet to come out of the Baahubali euphoria.
- Trisha walks out of the much-awaited sequel
- Interview : Rashmi Gautam – I will continue to do glamour doll roles
- Pawan, NTR’s camaraderie was a treat to watch at NTR28’s launch
- Sudigaadu’s Combo To Repeat Again?
- Pelli Choopulu’s director kick-starts his next