SS Rajamouli took the entire nation by storm with his magnum opus, Baahubali The Beginning. Released in July 2015, Baahubali grossed nearly 600 crores worldwide and made Rajamouli a name to reckon with across the country.
In his latest interview to a popular media agency, Rajamouli was asked why he didn’t make Baahubali originally in Hindi. Rajamouli replied, “When I started Baahubali The Beginning and had the script and the schedule ready, we knew that I need my stars to give me their dates for two years.”
The maverick director went on to explain why he chose Telugu cast primarily, saying, “Can you think of any of the Bollywood stars who can give their dates for two years without committing to any other movies? It wouldn’t have happened.” Wise indeed.
- Baahubali 2 Is India’s ‘Star Wars’
- Karan Johar tweets Baahubali’s day 1 collections
- MM Keeravani Thanks Gunasekhar For His Sweet Gesture
- Sukumar, DSP Launch Darshakudu Video Poster
- Union minister hails Baahubali 2
Articles that might interest you