Tamil film industry has been embroiled in plagiarism rows one after the other. First it was Kaththi and now its Lingaa. We had already reported that a small time producer named Ravi Rathnam had filed a petition in the Chennai high court to stall the release of Lingaa claiming that its story was lifted from one of his movies that released in 2013.
Breaking his silence for the first time on this issue, Rajini commented that such cases are filed only to tarnish his image and also to gain “two minute” glory. Rajini also filed a counter affidavit in the Chennai High Court denying the claims and asserted that Ponkumaran had written Linga’s story and K.S.Ravi kumar had written the screenplay adding many elements to it.
- Balakrishna-VV Vinayak’s film gets its launch date
- Manchu Manoj to sport a lean look in his next
- NTR-Trivikram gear up to achieve the impossible
- Ram-Praveen Sattaru’s action thriller to be shot in Europe
- Bollywood actress learns Malayalam for Shakeela biopic