Tamil film industry has been embroiled in plagiarism rows one after the other. First it was Kaththi and now its Lingaa. We had already reported that a small time producer named Ravi Rathnam had filed a petition in the Chennai high court to stall the release of Lingaa claiming that its story was lifted from one of his movies that released in 2013.
Breaking his silence for the first time on this issue, Rajini commented that such cases are filed only to tarnish his image and also to gain “two minute” glory. Rajini also filed a counter affidavit in the Chennai High Court denying the claims and asserted that Ponkumaran had written Linga’s story and K.S.Ravi kumar had written the screenplay adding many elements to it.
- Strange disorder made this Mumbai beauty quit acting temporarily
- Senior hero signs a Tamil film?
- Mahesh and Bunny to lock horns next Sankranthi?
- Andhagadu team speeds up promotions
- GST Will Hurt Movie Business : Nagarjuna
Articles that might interest you