In an act of respite from the infamous ‘Lingaa’ losses issue, Superstar Rajinikanth finally agreed to compensate the protesting distributors. Apparently, the Superstar had paid an undisclosed lump sum amount to the film’s producer Rockline Venkatesh and suggested him to transfer the money to the distributors, leading to the call off of protests.
Several rounds of protests and negotiations took place between the distributors and the producer of ‘Lingaa’, ever since the film bombed miserably after its release in December 2014. The President of Tamil Nadu Film Producers Council, Kalaipuli S Thanu, issued a press statement in this regard and said that the issue has been sorted amicably and all the warring parties are at peace now.
Even though the distributors claim a loss of 35 crores, the Tamil media circles are expecting that the compensation amount will be around 10 crores. Rajini fans are happy that the Superstar is free from the long, unending nuisance finally.
- Mahesh to sport two looks in his next
- Interview : Chaitanya Akkineni- Samantha has been the calming factor in my life
- Star hero proud of Baahubali but yet to watch it
- Malayalam superstar blessed with a baby girl
- Shruthi Haasan makes some bold statements
Articles that might interest you