Maverick director Ram Gopal Varma’s latest film, Killing Veerappan, was supposed to release yesterday as a New Year treat, after raising the excitement levels among his fans with a chilling pre-release trailer. However, last minute censor glitches resulted in the film missing out on the January 1 release.
RGV again took to Twitter to announce that the film will release on the 7th of January, just a week before the Sankranthi biggies storm the theaters. Goos news for all RGV fan is that Killing Veerappan’s Kannada version was released yesterday to an ultra positive response, with many saying that the master director is surely back to his forte.
Featuring Kannada superstar Shivrajkumar, Sandeep Bhardwaj, Parul Yadav and Yagna Shetty in the lead roles, Killing Veerappan explores the Operation Cocoon, in which the notorious sandalwood smuggler Veerappan was killed by the security forces.
- Bharat Ane Nenu Tamil, Malayalam versions’ release delayed
- First look of Kalyan Dhev’s debut gets a date
- Shooting update on NTR’s next
- Ram Charan wants to work with these two acclaimed Bollywood directors
- Keerthy Suresh thanks the media