Sabu Cyril, the production designer of Baahubali, praised Rajamouli saying that he has never met anyone who’s as passionate as Rajamouli is about cinema in his entire career. The award-winning production designer played a crucial role in creating the right look and sets for Mahishmathi kingdom, where most of the action takes place.
Talking to a leading national website, Sabu Cyril said, “It’s very tough to be on the same level with Rajamouli. You can’t think about anything other than cinema when you work with him. Every morning we used to wake up by 3:30 am and report on the sets by 5:30 am. Rajamouli be there by 6:15 am and we would start our work immediately. To stick to this schedule for five years requires a lot of discipline.”
Sabu Cyril also thanked the producers for giving him a freehand to do whatever he wanted to create authentic sets and props for the film. After Baahubali, Sabu will next work on Sundar C’s Sangamithra, which is also a period film.
- 1 million Twitter followers for Naga Chaitanya
- Raj Kandukuri, Suresh Babu join hands for Mental Madhilo director’s next
- Talented hero replaces Sunil in Sathuranga Vettai’s remake?
- Arjun Reddy’s Tamil remake gets a launch date
- Vikram-Samantha’s 10 gets a huge release in Nizam