Sabu Cyril, the production designer of Baahubali, praised Rajamouli saying that he has never met anyone who’s as passionate as Rajamouli is about cinema in his entire career. The award-winning production designer played a crucial role in creating the right look and sets for Mahishmathi kingdom, where most of the action takes place.
Talking to a leading national website, Sabu Cyril said, “It’s very tough to be on the same level with Rajamouli. You can’t think about anything other than cinema when you work with him. Every morning we used to wake up by 3:30 am and report on the sets by 5:30 am. Rajamouli be there by 6:15 am and we would start our work immediately. To stick to this schedule for five years requires a lot of discipline.”
Sabu Cyril also thanked the producers for giving him a freehand to do whatever he wanted to create authentic sets and props for the film. After Baahubali, Sabu will next work on Sundar C’s Sangamithra, which is also a period film.
- Nani’s Krishnarjuna Yudham set for a February release
- Anushka’s Bhagmathi to be out in December?
- Intense genre for Vijay-Murugadoss’ next
- Poll : Which aspect are you looking forward to in PSPK25?
- KRK blames Aamir Khan for his Twitter suspension