Saif Ali Khan was crowned the 10th Nawab of Pataudi at a special ceremony held at his ancestral palace in Pataudi. The Bollywood actor was made the Nawab at a ‘pagdi’ ceremony at the Ibrahim Palace , where representatives from 52 villages tied a special turban around his head. His mother Sharmila Tagore, sisters Saba Ali Khan and Soha Ali Khan were present at the ceremony.
The ceremony was held to appoint the Nawab of the Pataudi province after Saif’s father, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi passed away last month. The title is no longer recognized by the Government of India, but it carries a lot of significance for the 52 villages in the Pataudi province.
As the newl Nawab, Saif will oversee his father’s vast estate, eye hospital and other charitable institutions which are run by the Pataudi family.
- TFI Says ‘Hello’ To Akhil
- Star hero opens about his rift with brother
- Jaya Janaki Nayaka’s impressive first-week collections
- Taapsee raises the heat in her next
- Poll : Which among these films are you excited to watch this weekend?
Articles that might interest you