Samantha has opted out of Mani Rathnam’s upcoming film Kadal. She had already shot for a major part of the film and her sudden decision to opt out of the film has come as a big surprise for many. Several rumours about her leaving the project are doing the rounds in the industry and one of them is that she had got plenty of exciting offers including films to be directed by Venkat Prabhu and Shankar, apart from plum offers in Telugu and another version has it that Mani Rathnam thought she looked a bit older than the lead actor, Gautham. A leading magazine in Tamil Nadu has reported that Mani Rathnam is considering to rope in Thulasi, younger daughter of Radha as Samantha’s replacement. The film will now have to be reshot and its release will be delayed further. Lakshmi Manchu and Aravind Swami are playing important roles in this film which is set in the backdrop of a fishing village. A R Rahman is composing the music and Rajeev Menon is the cinematographer.
- Chay-Venky’s multi-starrer to be high on family emotions
- Are all politicians corrupt? Vishnu’s fitting retort to BJP leader
- Raj Tarun to romance a Malayali beauty
- ‘I will continue to question’ Prakash Raj tells his trolls
- Speculations rife on Mahesh25’s title