Shankar’s 2.O, which is slated for release in January 2018, is one of the most eagerly awaited films in recent times. The film has Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar, and Amy Jackson in lead roles, and it has been produced by Lyca Productions.
Incidentally, Shankar had approached Aamir Khan to play the lead role in the film, and apparently, it was Rajinikanth himself who suggested Aamir Khan’s name to Shankar.
“In fact, Rajini sir himself called me and told me about this film, and when I met Shankar, it doesn’t take me too long to realise that it’s going to be a record-shattering blockbuster film. I was really excited about it; however, everytime I thought about the film, I couldn’t see anyone in the film other than Rajini sir. It was meant for him and I couldn’t emotionally attach myself to the film. That’s why I had to turn down the film,” Aamir Khan said.
Meanwhile, the makers of 2.O are all set to launch the film’s audio later this month in Dubai, and the teaser will be unveiled in Hyderabad in November.
- Excited Mahesh Babu thanks his fans
- I’ll support Pawan Kalyan until my last breath: Puri Jagannadh
- Truly appreciate Siva garu, Mahesh: Rajamouli after watching BAN
- Bharat Ane Nenu set for a record breaking opening
- Upset Pawan Kalyan starts exposing many