Siddharth will be playing the role of a popular singer S G Kittappa in his upcoming bilingual film in Vasanthabalan’s direction. The film is titled as Kaaviya Thalaivan in Tamil and the Telugu title hasn’t been confirmed yet. The story is set in 1920s and it’s inspired from the lives of singers S G Kittappa and his wife K.B. Sundarambal, who was one of the most popular actresses in per-independence era.
Apparently, Vasanthabalan, who had previously made Shopping Mall and Ekaveera, was so intrigued by the story of Kittappa and Sundarambal that he decided to adapt their lives on big screen. Incidentally, this is going to be Siddharth’s first period film. The film is expected to hit the floors later this year. A R Rahman will score the music. His next film is Something…Something which will release in June and after that he’ll begin shooting for Karthik Subbaraj’s next film.
- Will Rajamouli Ever Do A Film With Pawan Kalyan?
- Sunil’s next progressing in Florida
- Nag’s RGG 2 gets a tentative release date
- Paisa Vasool’s final schedule to kick-start soon
- Balayya opens up about contesting in 2019 elections
Articles that might interest you