Siddharth’s latest film Jigarthanda, which is being dubbed into Telugu as “Chikkadu Dorakadu” has achieved a very rare feat of being selected for screening at the South Asian International Film Festival in New York this year. This film has become a cult hit in Tamil and is fast racing towards the 100 days landmark.
Among other films competing with Jigarthanda are Happy Ending, Titli and X. This movie was directed by Karthik Subbaraj who made the super hit film Pizza. The Telugu version of the film ‘Chikkadu Dorakadu’ is still awaiting release. SAIFF is the largest film premiere destination for South Asian filmmakers to exhibit their talents globally. Films from countries such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and within the Indian Diaspora will compete in SAIFF.
- Poll : Which among these films will win the box office race?
- Kamal announces film with Vikram and Akshara Haasan
- Star daughter’s debut film to be dubbed in Telugu
- Suriya’s message to fans abusing female VJs
- Tamil hero’s role revealed in Charan-Boyapati film