Ever since the implementation of the 28% GST on entertainment, filmmakers across South India have been openly opposing the central government’s diktat. The GST is resulting in huge losses to the producers and other trade bodies.
In a protest against the GST, the Telugu film industry is planning to stall all the shootings and post-production works in November. Even the Tamil film industry, which pays an additional 8% local tax to the state government, is reportedly planning to join the bandh in November.
- Anasuya refutes rumors on her role in Rangasthalam
- Aamir Khan’s Secret Superstar off to a staggering start in China
- Rahul’s Howrah Bridge joins Republic Day clash
- Sudheer Babu kick-starts dubbing for his maiden film as producer
- Akshay Kumar postpones Padman for Padmaavat