It is heartening to see the manner in which Kollywood is planning to take care of senior artistes. The South Indian Artists’ Association has appealed to chief minister J Jayalalithaa to allot at least one acre in Chennai to build an old age home for senior artists in the industry. Association president R Sarathkumar said, “We expect a positive reply from the state government. We have promised the government to build, operate and maintain the old age home on our own. Many members have agreed to fund the project.” This was mooted after actor Mohan lodged a complaint with the cops on his son wherein he sought action against the latter for deserting him.
Talking about the facilities of the old age home, Sarath Kumar said, “We are offering the pension through the Nadigar Sangam Charitable Trust, which is a sister concern of our association. The old age home will have accommodation for about 300 elderly people. There will be at least two doctors, four nurses on call and separate play area for their entertainment.” Can something similar be expected for our senior artistes too?
- Megastar Reveals The Moment When He Was Most Relieved About His Comeback
- Vote – 7th Readers Choice Awards : Best Music Director of 2017
- Agnyaathavaasi 2nd in top 10 most liked South Indian movie teasers
- Yet another hero to play a visually challenged character?
- Malayalam Megastar’s Fans Troll Actress For Her Remarks