The trend of remakes doesn’t seem to end anytime soon in Telugu. The latest film to join the list is Akshay Kumar, Kajal Aggarwal starrer Special 26 which was directed by Neeraj Pandey. The Hindi version was a critical and commercial success and it reportedly grossed more than Rs 50 crores at box office upon its release in early February. The film is based on a real incident which occurred in late 80s when a group of people posing as CBI officers raided a jewellery store in Bombay and stole jewellery worth lakhs of rupees.
Impressed with the storyline of the film, Lingusamy, who has directed films like Vettai, Paiyaa in Tamil, has bought the remake rights of Special 26 on behalf of his production house Thirupathy Brothers. The film will be remade in both Telugu and Tamil. It still remains to be seen who’s going to direct the remake and the casting process will begin shortly. More details about the film will be announced soon.
- Mahesh has been asking me to write a love story for him: Jayanth
- Shamanthakamani’s First Look To Be Unveiled Today
- Touch Chesi Chudu to head to the beach city
- Telangana govt. to recommend Padma Bhushan to Vijaya Nirmala
- Aaradugula Bullet gets a release date
Articles that might interest you