Sridevi starrer English Vinglish, which released in 2012, is all set to be dubbed in Mandarin. The dubbed version is going to released in several theatres in China, Macau and Hongkong on March 14, according to the latest reports. China is one of the fastest growing markets for Hollywood films; however, Indian films haven’t been able to make inroads into this territory. Moreover, there’s a huge restriction on the number of foreign films and non-Chinese productions which can be screened in the country. Considering all these issues, it really is a big deal that English Vinglish, one of the best films of 2012, is going to be released in China.
The film was directed by Gauri Shinde and it was Sridevi’s comeback film in Hindi after a long gap. Adil Hussain played Sridevi’s husband and Priya Anand was cast as Sridevi’s neice. English Vinglish revolves around a housewife who wants to learn English to impress her family.
- Nani to unveil C/O Surya’s teaser
- Spyder to collect solid figures from premiere shows
- Poll : Which aspect of Spyder are you looking forward to?
- Miscreants Damage Property At Srikanth’s House
- Mahesh Babu Gets Busy With Spyder Promotions
Articles that might interest you