Over the past few days, hundreds of Tamil superstar Vijay’s fans have been harassing a woman journalist by threatening her with rape and murder. The murky social media war of words began when the journo tweeted that she had walked out of Vijay’s Sura 7 years ago.
Just as things got uglier, Vijay finally broke his silence. In his note that indirectly addressed his fans, Vijay requested everyone to “respect women and freedom of expression and also to avoid harassing of women on social media platforms and elsewhere”.
Meanwhile, several cases have been filed by the cyber crime poliice in Chennai against a few Vijay fans. It needs to be seen if these abusive fans will learn the lesson from their favorite star and end this menace.
- NRNM, JJN’s latest Krishna collections
- Pawan makes personal visit to Chiru on his bday
- Poll : Did Vijay Devarakonda go overboard with his speech?
- Interview : A R Murugadoss – No one can match Mahesh’s dedication levels
- Nayan’s character to be quite emotional in NBK102
Articles that might interest you