In a highly appreciated gesture that touched millions of his fans and even common people, Bollywood action hero Akshay Kumar donated Rs.1.08 crores to the families of the martyred Indian Army soldiers.
Akshay announced a compensation of 9 lakhs each to the families of twelve CRPF jawans who lost their lives in an encounter with the extremists in the Sukuma district, Chattisgarh.
Akshay, who had recently launched an app for the welfare of soldiers, said that it’s his responsibility as an Indian citizen to standby the soldiers’ families in these testing times.
- Biggest multi-starrer announced in style
- Pawan Kalyan to attend Chal Mohan Ranga’s pre-release event
- Akhil assures the best with his two new buddies
- Na Nuvve into dubbing mode
- Exclusive Interview : Kalyan Ram – I have become more approachable now