Bollywood Superstar Salman Khan has come to the rescue of the distributors, who lost money due to his recent film Tubelight. For the past few days, after the film underperformed at the box-office, there has been a lot of buzz whether Salman will give back some part of the money to help the distributors; however, there was no confirmation until today.
In an interesting development, confirmed by some leading Bollywood trade experts, Salman Khan has apparently agreed to refund monies to distributors to make up for the losses on Tubelight. Directed by Kabir Khan, the film has released as an Eid special and it flopped at the box-office.
It’s one of the very few instances in Bollywood, at least in recent times, that a top star like Salman Khan has taken such a step. Now, it remains to be seen if this becomes a standard for all future projects of other top stars as well, in case their films bomb miserably.
- Raju Gari Gadhi 2 gets a tentative release date
- Young beauty hits the gym
- Poll : Which among these love stories did you like the most?
- 1 million views for Suvarnasundari’s motion poster
- Dhruva’s music director makes a successful debut as a hero
Articles that might interest you