Yatra, the much-talked-about biopic on former Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy, went on floors today on the occasion of YSR’s historic Padayatra completing 15 years. Stalwart Malayalam actor Mammootty is essaying YSR’s role in this prestigious biopic.
Meanwhile, for the last few days, there have been constant speculations that Tamil star Suriya will be playing YSR’s son YS Jagan in Yatra. However, the film’s director Mahi V Raghav clarified in a recent interview that they have not approached Suriya for the role yet. Mahi went on to reveal that Posani Krishnamurali will be playing a key role in the biopic.
Vijay Chilla and Shashi Devireddy are bankrolling the project under 70mm Entertainments banner.
- Kaala’s release date sealed, Big relief for BAN & NPS
- Rakul kick-starts shooting for Suriya’s NGK
- Bharat Ane Nenu’s day 1 AP, Telangana collections
- Tollywood stars give a thumbs up to Bharat Ane Nenu
- BAN registers a non-Baahubali 2 record opening in Krishna