Taapsee’s latest spy drama ‘Naam Shabana’ collected Rs 5.12 crores (nett) on the first day of its release. The film did better business at the box-office than films like Neeraja and Mardani in the past, and according to some reports, it’s the third highest grossing woman-centric action film behind Priyanka Chopra’s Jai Gangaajal (Rs 5.5 crores) and Sonakshi Sinha’s Akira (Rs 5.2 crores).
Although the film got mixed reviews, the fact that Naam Shabana was a prequel to ‘Baby’ and Akshay Kumar’s guest appearance are believed to have helped to draw the attention of the audience. Taapsee too got good appreciation for her role in this action film, directed by Shivam Nair.
Meanwhile, the actress will take a short break from work post all the promotions for the film and she’ll soon join the sets of Judwaa 2, which also stars Jacqueline Fernandes and Varun Dhawan.
- Will Rajamouli Ever Do A Film With Pawan Kalyan?
- Sunil’s next progressing in Florida
- Nag’s RGG 2 gets a tentative release date
- Paisa Vasool’s final schedule to kick-start soon
- Balayya opens up about contesting in 2019 elections
Articles that might interest you