In a unique gesture of goodwill the Tamilnadu C M has given permission for the theatre owners in the state to screen five shows a day during the first week of Deepavali. Abirami Ramanthan, President — Chennai City Film Exhibitors’ Association confirmed the same and said that this is a Diwali gift that will make all theatre owners happy.
There are three major releases for the festival – Suriya’s 7aum Arivu, Vijay’s Velayudham and Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra.One. The 5-show bonanza will apply from October 26 to November 1 Abiram said that “Every year, we request permission to screen five shows during the Deepavali weekend.
But this year, we have been granted permission to have five shows from October 26 till November 1. In short, theatres in the city will be screening five shows for seven days instead of only during the five-day weekend.” The last 5-show period was during the Eid festival and it was hugely beneficial for Ajith’s Mankatha and Salman Khan’s Bodyguard, and both the movies recorded mammoth openings.
- Raashi To Team Up With Vishal?
- Producer’s Wife Makes Shocking Comments About Actresses
- Exclusive Interview : Venu Udugula – NNOK will be a wake up call for parents
- Nivetha Thomas to romance young hero
- Talented filmmaker to direct Nandamuri father and son duo