Today, several trade bodies of Tamil film industry went on a one day strike against the anarchic ways of leading digital film projection companies UFO and Qube. All the who’s who of several trade bodies and film associations like Tamil Film Producer’s Council, South Indian Film Artistes’ Association, FEFSI and Tamil film Directors’ Association took part in the protests.
Speaking on the occasion, leading Tamil producer and distributor Kalaipuli S Thanu said that the officials at UFO and Qube are exploiting the film producers with heavy charges for screening in theaters across Tmail Nadu. Not stopping here, these projection companies have been attaching ad films from third parties without the consent of the producers.
Condemning this monopoly, the protesting bodies warned that the entire film industry will go on a huge strike and there will be no film screenings from 12th May, if the current system is not reformed.
- Legendary director K Viswanath to be conferred Dadasaheb Phalke
- Charan-Sukumar’s movie wraps up its first schedule
- Jyothika Will Win A National Award For Her Next Film
- Kamal Haasan To Host Big Boss in Tamil
- Telangana government obliges Baahubali producers’ request
Articles that might interest you