The theater strike as a protest against the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to impose double tax on movie tickets has entered into its fourth day today. More than 1,000 theaters remained shut over the past 4 days.
According to the Tamil Nadu Theater Exhibitor’s Associating’s report, the film industry has lost over 60 crores in these 4 days due to the ongoing strike. Meanwhile, fresh reports are emerging that the TN government has responded positively to the film’s industry’s appeal to repeal the latest GO of imposing 30% state tax excluding GST on films.
- Ileana’s striking comments on Southern film industry
- Kamal Haasan following those three
- Thaman gearing up with a rocking album for Nithin
- CCS police to issue notices to MM Keeravani
- Date locked for Kaala’s teaser?